As you know, the key to maintaining a successful health and nutrition plan is being prepared. Often, when we make dinner we prepare enough for lunch the next couple days. Having prepared food for a couple days will save you from eating poorly and binge eating! The following is my recipe for turkey chili. It takes about 15 minutes to get all the ingredients in the crock pot.
Making this is very simple.
- 3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 cans fire roasted cubed tomatoes
- 2 cans ea low sodium black beans, black eyed peas, garbanzo beans
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 packets of chili seasoning
- 1 habanero pepper (if you like spice)
- Chop up the onion, celery and garlic
- brown garlic and the turkey
- throw all the ingredients into a large crock pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours
- stir occasionally and enjoy